Monday, April 12, 2010

Working on some new stuff

I've been knitting quite a bit recently just nothing has progressed enough to get to the point of being blogable quite yet. I've been working on the antlers scarf from the Son of Stitch and Bitch book, which is a rather easy cable pattern but the results are really nice, however it's maybe got 3 pattern repeats done so far so it's only  about 4 inches long or so.
And in an effort to try new techniques I'm starting a version of the "We Call Them Pirates" hat. I've never done stranded color-work before, never read from a chart before, never done a lining before, and never done a provisional cast on before so the pattern is choc full of things I've never done while still being within my skill range. Also I'm going to start a lace shawl of some type for my mom's birthday, i just haven't decided on a pattern for that yet, so that'll be my first lace project and shawl so yet another learning adventure for me.
Aside from that I've also been working on some original designs but nothing crazy, just some wash-clothes and small things, and a scarf, again nothing nutty though. I've also done a couple more of the beanie hat I've already posted but since it isn't something crazy and I've already posted it in other colors/yarns it really isn't worth posting again.
So while the blog may indicate I'm not doing much as far as knitting goes I actually am, just nothing worth posting (at least not yet).

No comments: