Thursday, September 16, 2010

Finished a project!

Finally finished the Traveling Woman Shawl (link to pattern, not to my project) I was making for my mom the other night. Gave it to her last night and it was only a month and a half late for her birthday. She's sadly had to wait much longer than that for gifts before, in fact I'm pretty sure i still owe her for birthdays/christmas' from years and years ago. Sadly i don't have any pictures yet as i can't find the charger for my camera. Pictures should be up soon though.

Also went to knitting group for the first time in a long time and for the first time ever my mom joined me. It was a good time. Worked on a sock and aside from a minor mistake that i think i made i managed to turn my first heel, so pretty psyched about that. It seems a bit holey where a picked up the gusset stitches but as it isn't meant to be a winter sock and the holes aren't too bad I'm not really worried about it. In progress shot:
It's Knitpicks Felici Sock yarn in the "Time Traveler" colorway using the Earl Grey Pattern from Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. I like the pattern a lot, so assuming they fit well I'm sure to make more of these. And the yarn is great, feels great, works up great, looks great, and i love the stripes. I've used a few self striping yarns before but they didn't have stripes even close to as bold as this stuff does. The other self striping stuff i have looks more like variegated yarn than actual stripes. Maybe that's because i have big feet or something but i doubt that anything short of a dolls socks would actually appear to have stripes even just a couple of rows long.
Also working on a few other items like a baby blanket for a friend that just had a daughter, and a few small things, dish clothes, fingerless mittens for myself and possible a pair for my brother as well.
I'll have more pictures as this get completed.

No comments: