Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Finished up a beanie for myself

Started this last night while watching Psych finished it up during my lunch break today. It's a really simple beanie hat, the pattern is here. I actually could've finished it up sooner had i kept going on it last night. I really enjoyed doing it, and the pattern is super simple (this is the first time i made it and i didn't have to look at the pattern much at all after reading through it the first time (i did try to make it last week but i read the pattern wrong because i'm an idiot)). It fits great and i'm sure i'll be making more because it can fit a wide range of head sizes. My big old dome is 24 inches, and this hat can definitely fit well under that and at least a couple inches bigger without being stretched out and looking weird. Also oddly enough this is the first thing i've completed while knitting that's actually for myself, everything else i've made was either a gift or still isn't done. Very happy with how it turned out and this will probably be my default hat pattern from now on.

No comments: